Serengeti National Park
Serengeti is an impressive park within the whole of Africa. It’s the most important and oldest park and a world’s heritage site. it’s endless plains covered by an enormous blanket of savannah grass with vast forms of animal species. This includes large herds of giraffe, elephants, gazelle, and also predators. like a lion, cheetah, hyena, etc. without forgetting the big group of wildebeest that migrate seasonally makes this park unique within the world. There also are different types of landforms like valleys.
Serengeti parkland has a region of 14763 square km reaching up to Kenya borders and almost to Victoria Nyanza. It’s also called Siringitu by the Massai meaning land that moves on forever.
This park is best known for
- It’s the biggest park in Tanzania with the most important number of untamed animals.
- It incorporates a unique and largest animal migration within the world. This involves a lot of wildebeest and thousands of zebras along with Thomson Gazelle. They migrate between Serengeti parkland and Masaai Mara in Kenya.
- It offers a hot air balloon safari supplying you with a spectacular view.
- It has an enormous kind of bird species over 500 that’s best for the birdwatcher.
- Game driving in the park
- Hot air balloon safaris
- Visiting the river Grumeti
When to go
The best time to get the most effective wild view is during June and July while the park offers wildlife views throughout the year. Now you may have the chance to witness the wildebeest migration. This involves innumerable wildebeest together will thousands of zebras and gazelle. you’ll be ready to see the thrilling part as they cross the river Grumeti. This river is stuffed with hungry and merciless crocodiles expecting the prey to cross the river. Also, it’s the most effective time for viewing wildlife within the park because the Seronera area is crowded with wild animals.
During February is that best to view the core creations. This involves wildebeest calving season, hence you’ll view wildebeest birth to thousands of calves during a day. It’s also a great time to look at how predators search out their prey.