5 Days Kilimanjaro Marangu route
Enquire this tour
Climb Mount Kilimanjaro via the Marangu route in Tanzania with Utmost Expeditions at best and competitive prices. This route is also referred to as the Coca Cola route is the old route on the Kilimanjaro, also and the Marangu route is an easy, cheap and short Kilimanjaro route that accommodates clients in Huts book a trek in advance is highly recommended to secure huts, furthermore the Marangu route is also the only route which clients use the same way to ascend and descend.
DAY 1: Marangu Gate – Mandara Hut
On this day we begin our 5 Days Marangu route climb. You’ll take a short drive from Arusha or Moshi town to the Kilimanjaro Park Gate (1,830 m.) lies at the edge of Marangu, which is an attractive village with many small coffee and banana plantations. After we have completed the entrance formalities, we climb up through an attractive and beautiful forest to reach the clearing containing MANDARA HUT (2,700 m.). The volcanic remains of Maundi Crater are nearby and make a good afternoon excursion. An alternative is to rest and enjoy the beautiful forest. while resting in your Hut there is a rich birdlife at the huts and monkeys are often seen as well. [3-5 hours walking to Mandara Hut]
DAY 2: Climbing Kilimanjaro Mandara Hut – Horombo Hut
On our second day of climbing the 5 Days Marangu route, the first part of the walk is a steep ascent through forest, but the path soon opens out into grassy moorland and, in clear weather, there are good views of Kibo and Mawenzi peaks. We climb steadily through the moorland zone, containing giant heather and occasional stands of groundsel, to eventually reach HOROMBO HUT (3,720 m.).Sunrises and sunsets here are often very stunning, the site is close to the glaciated dome of Kibo, and there is a real sense of being above the clouds.
DAY 3: Kilimanjaro climb Horombo Hut – Kibo Hut
On this day you will climb very gradually towards the lunar desert of the Saddle between Mawenzi and Kibo. The terrain changes to screed and there is a palpable sense of high altitude wilderness. We usually reach KIBO HUT (4,700 m.) at the bottom of the crater wall by midday and the afternoon is free (to contemplate the summit ascent!!). The remainder of the day is spent resting and eating in preparation for the final climb before a very early night
DAY 4: Mount Kilimanjaro Summit Day – Then Down to Horombo Hut
What a wonderful Day of Kilimanjaro Summit, you’ll start an ascent by torchlight at about 1 a.m. so that we can be up at GILLMAN’S POINT by sunrise. The initial climb is steep over a loose volcanic screen, but there are some well-graded zigzag and a slow but steady pace will have us up to Gillman’s (5,685 m.) in about five or six hours. We will rest there and spend some time taking in the sunrise. Those who are still feeling strong can make the three-hour round trip from here along the crater rim to Uhuru Peak (5,896 m.), passing close to the spectacular glaciers that still occupy most of the summit area. The descent is surprisingly fast and we return to HOROMBO HUT for the night.
DAY 5: Decending Kilimanjaro Horombo Hut – Moshi
This day marks the end of your 5 day Marangu route climb, after breakfast, we will start with a pleasant moorland walk to Mandara and then a LOVELY FOREST walk to the National Park gates to Arusha town. The greenness and lushness of the forest are quite a stunning contrast to the summit day, and it really makes you realize how varied the scenery of Mount Kilimanjaro.
Marangu Route Climb Cost
- 1 person $ 1540 per person sharing
- 2 people $ 1295 per person sharing
- 3 people $ 1270 per person sharing
- 4 people $ 1213 per person sharing
- 5 people $1207 per person sharing
- 6 people $1203 per person sharing
- 7 to 18 people $1189 per person sharing
5 Days Marangu route Price Includes:
- Park fees, (entry fee camping/hut fees & rescue fees crew fees)
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- Three health and fresh meals
- Professional and experienced mountain Guide
- Professional and experienced cooks.
- Transportation to & from the airport
- Transportation to & from the mountain gates
- Enough number of porters for your luggage, food, water, and camping equipment.
- Food, shelters, and fair wages for the porters, cooks, and guides
- Camping gears (sleeping tents, dining tents, tables, chairs, and cooking gear)
- Radio and cell phone communication that help us to stay in contact within and outside the group therefore we can respond almost instantaneously to whatever issue that may arise
- We provide our guides with professional first aids kits and pulse oximeters for daily updates of acclimatization progress
- Assistance with climbing permit procedure
- Tracking of the expedition is available online in our Instagram, WhatsUp, and Facebook accounts
5 Days Marangu route Price Excludes
- Personal porters
- All international and domestic flights
- Tourist Visas
- Medical and Travel insurance
- Tips to mountain crew
- Mountain trekking gears e.g. walking poles (available for hire upon request)
- Sleeping Bag (available for hire upon request)
- A portable flush toilet with a toilet tent is extra (US$200 per toilet + toilet tent)
- Others; Extra expenses as food or drinks separate from those described in the itinerary, satellite phone calls, transference fees, and other services not specified as included.
- Any other alterations to our itineraries
- Emergency Oxygen